Thursday, July 3, 2008

Show em' up - pt .1 (MMJ)

It's concert season people and I'm doing my darndest to see some great bands. Two shows have been memorable.

The first got a lot of press - My Morning Jacket at Radio City Music Hall.

These guys killed it! And, let me say there is not a bad seat in Radio City. I should know - we were in the third tier, last row..... Literally, the last seats.... And while the band looked a little smaller than I would have liked, they put on a show...

The ticket said doors open at 7 and show's at 8. Hmmm.... No opening band. 8 o'clock show???

Well, I didn't want to be the asshole who shows up late and glad I didn't, because at 8:10 they took the stage. With a few words of hello they tore into what would be four continuous hours of song. FOUR HOURS! No talking, no bullshit - just rockin' out.

From the first note, the crowd was on their feet. And after the four hours of dancin', rockin', drinkin' and smokin' everyone was tired. And I can only imagine how the band felt.... Check out the set list - reads like a 'best of' with the full Evil Urges album sprinkled throughout.

Evil Urges, Off The Record, I'm Amazed, Highly Suspicious, What a Wonderful Man, Touch Me Part 1, Sec Walkin, Golden, Thank You Too, The Way That He Sings, Two Halves, Phone Went West, Aluminum Park, Steam Engine, Smokin From Shootin, Touch Me Part 2

Encore:
Bermuda Highway, Librarian, Wordless Chorus, It Beats 4 U, Dondante, The Bear, Lay Low
Run Thru, Anytime, One Big Holiday

No comments: