Wednesday, February 20, 2008

At the top, looking out.

I enjoy the chair lift when I snowboard. It's a time to reflect on where you're going - on where you've been - on what you've accomplished. It's a moment of calm before the world begins to fly by in a rush of energy and adrenaline, again.

I've recently completed several long "rides" on the lift. And the last few weeks and days have been such a moment of reflection. I am close enough to my past that I can enjoy the challenges, the ups the downs - and close enough to the summit that I can see the future laid out before me.

I remain anxious about the journey. I don't know what obstacles I may face on the way down. But I do know, I love snowboarding and the rush in every turn, on every jump makes me relish in the thrill of living.

No comments: